I’m finding myself working some pretty long hours at the moment, so the last thing that I feel like doing is creating fancy meals for dinner. I am fortunate to have someone in my life happy to cook, but there is always days when we both can’t be bothered. Salads like these are made for those days. I poach a few chicken breasts on the weekend, and then I’ve got lunches and dinners sorted for at least 2-3 days easy. This recipe is very much a simple throw a few ingredients in a bowl, stir, dress and you are done. It takes as long as you need to cut up the ingredients… yay! And if you’re super organised, make enough for lunches the next day…its awesome in a wrap or roll with some mayonnaise.
Quick Asian Style Chicken Salad
yield – approx 2 serves
- 1 chicken breast, poached and shredded
- 1 large or 2 med sized tomatoes, diced
- 2 stalks of celery finely sliced
- approx 10 snow peas, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion sliced
- handful of coriander chopped
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 3 stalks asparagus, blanched and sliced.
- 2 tbl sp soy sauce
- 1/2 lime
- approx 8 drops sesame oil
Blend all your salad ingredients in a bowl. Pour the soy sauce and sesame into a small bowl and squeeze the lime juice into this mix. Combine and dress your salad.
Will keep overnight undressed.
Happy Cooking and Happy Eating,