So often I share food with you all that has been created for special occasions, for treats or as an experiment. Whilst we love all kinds of food, sometimes I feel as if I’m veering from the true spirit of my blog, which is to share food that is easy to make on a regular basis, to eat and to share with the people who you love. When I’m absent or quiet on my blog, the chances are that I’m making the very food that this blog was created for, on repeat.
With that in mind I wanted to take the time to share some of the recipes and meals that are on high rotation in my kitchen right now.
2. Poached chicken which goes with everything. Wether we shred it in a salad or a sandwich, add it to rice paper rolls or eat it as a snack we know it’s healthy and über simple to cook and it will keep for a few days in the fridge to feed us for healthy lunches and dinners.
3. Chicken Congee is the winter warmer of choice for soups. Filling and the best thing I know for curing a starting cold there is always some homemade chicken stock to hand, and some rice to throw in, to make this healthy, nourishing soup.
4. Roast Potatoes are always favourites in our house. Wether I’m using cuttings from our rosemary plant to make Lemon and Rosemary Potatoes or I remember how good the Hasselback Potatoes are and break out the knife skills.
5. And whilst we are talking about roast vegetables… variations on this Roast Vegetable Salad are still making an appearance… no one salad is the same as the next, but that is what make it so good as a quick and easy option for dinner on a cold winters night.
What is your favourite food on high repeat right now?
Happy Cooking and Happy Eating,
* all images are my own. Feature image sourced from wikimages.com